In order to access the practice’s on line services you will need to apply for your personal ID and password.
The Practice requires you to do this in person. You will need to provde personal identification i.e. passport, driving licence when registering for this service.
Once completed you will be given your onw log in details which should be kept safe.
This log in will allow you to access On Line booking of appointments, On line repeat medication ordering and will also allow you access to your Summary Care Records. You will not be able to access test results at present.
For more information please ask at Reception.
Lost or Blocked Access
Should you need a replacement ID/Password log in, unfortunately we are only allowed to re issue this directly to the patient themselves once they have satisfied our team that they are the patient in question, so please bring ID.
Information Governance guidelines stipulate that we take measure to ensure your information is protected at all time and would be held responsible if there is a breach of patient identifiable information (PDI) therefore we have to ensure we have strict policies and procedures in place and these are followed.
We would apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you but assure you that this policy is in place in order to protect your information and ensure correct access is granted,
Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP Medical Centre and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Come to the Surgery and provide photo ID so we can confirm your identity and the receptionist will then issue you with a username and password.
- Enter SystmOnline and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices